[rules-users] DSL syntax and mapping

kissro at lidp.com kissro at lidp.com
Mon Sep 17 11:53:45 EDT 2007

I have the following coded in my .dsl:

[condition][]- with a medical code of "{medcode}"=medcode == "{medcode}"

In the BRMS gui, I write my rule as:  - with a medical code of 1045

It gets mapped/converted in the .drl as:  medcode == " 1045 "

Why is it adding a space at the beginning and end of the code?  Is
something in the way I have it coded causing it to do that?  It should
be, and I expected it to be,  medcode == "1045".

Also another, separate, question - when I use the BRMS point-and-click
gui to create my rule from the model, it generates the rule and inserts
'Dialect "MVEL"' prior to the "When".  Why and what is causing it to be
inserted?  Is it needed?  Is that just the default?  Just wondering.

Thanks,
Rod