[rules-users] Possible shadow proxy issue with JDK Dynamic proxies in 4.0.1?

Chris West crayzfishr at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 15:39:50 EDT 2007

Hello,

After stumbling upon an issue with version 4.0.0 using "memberOf", I decided
to upgrade to version 4.0.1.  After upgrading, my rules do not seem to fire
correctly.  In the past, I had discovered issues (prior to 4.0.0 release)
relating to my use of JDK dynamic proxies as facts.  The drools team
developed a fix for my problem, and it involved searching for a base
interface type to build the shadow proxy from when the class type is final
(all JDK dynamic proxies are).  This problem I'm seeing now seems very
similar in behavior to what I saw before.

Is there any change related to shadow proxies that went into 4.0.1?

Thanks,
-Chris West