[rules-users] how to specify classpath dependencies in .drl files.

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Thu Sep 27 00:51:23 EDT 2007

Godmar Back wrote:
> I agree that it may not belong into the .drl file, though loading
> bytecode through the classloader via getResourceAsStream() also seems
> a rather ad-hoc solution.

I've already told you, that you are mistaken here. You do not need to
keep bytecode hanging around, and available via getResourceAsStream()
for any compilation to work.  I can generate a class at runtime, in
memory, add it to a classloader and have the engine compile against it
without getResourceAsStream() being able to search for and return the
.class' bytecode.
> Some module system that allows the bundling of class and rules into
> modules, and the specification of dependencies between them, is
> clearly needed.

Yes in the rule agent and the deployment configuration properties system.