[rules-users] Rules File Design Consideration

Chong Minsk Goh cmgoh1979 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 05:57:16 EDT 2008

Hi,

Any help to the problem below is much appreciated : )

Here is the problem:

I have a set of rules. Intially these rules are evaluated individually.
However, now there is a need to fire these rules in groups which is similar
to a logic gate AND or OR. And, the results of this "groups of rules" are
collected and returned to the user/

For example:

There are 4 rules:
Rule 1
Rule 2
Rule 3
Rule 4

Now, need to evaluate (Rule 1 AND Rule 2 AND Rule 3) OR Rule 4
And I need to know what are the results of Rule 1 to Rule 4 individually.

What is the best way to implement a AND or OR using Drools?

Best regards
Chong Minsk