[rules-users] Synch Business Object / Working Memory

Anstis, Michael (M.) manstis1 at ford.com
Fri Apr 11 07:11:32 EDT 2008

I was thinking something more like this:-

package com.sample

import com.sample.Test

rule "rule 1 - 1"
    salience 90
    when
        a : Test(
         computed == "false",
            c < 15,
            d >= 75)
    then
     System.out.println("setting e to 0");
        a.setE(0);
        update(a);
end

rule "rule 1 - 2"
    salience 10
    when
        a : Test(
            computed == "false",
            c < 15,
            d >= 75)
    then
     System.out.println("setting e to 1");
        a.setE(1);
end

Note rule "rule 1 - 2" deliberately uses the same patterns as rule "rule 1 -
1".

package com.sample;

public class Test {

    private boolean computed =false;
    private int c=0;
    private int d=80;
    private int e;

    public String getComputed(){
       if(computed)
          return "true";
       else
          return "false";
    }

    public int getC() {
        return c;
    }

    public int getD() {
        return d;
    }

    public void setE(int e){
        this.e = e;
        computed = true;
    }

}

Rule "rule 1 - 1" is the only rule to run (and runs once); the second
activatino being cancelled due to the update to "computed". Here's the audit

<object-stream>
  <list>
    <org.drools.audit.event.ActivationLogEvent>
      <activationId>rule 1 - 1 [1]</activationId>
      <rule>rule 1 - 1</rule>
      <declarations>a=com.sample.Test at 67126712(1)</declarations>
      <type>4</type>
    </org.drools.audit.event.ActivationLogEvent>
    <org.drools.audit.event.ActivationLogEvent>
      <activationId>rule 1 - 2 [1]</activationId>
      <rule>rule 1 - 2</rule>
      <declarations>a=com.sample.Test at 67126712(1)</declarations>
      <type>4</type>
    </org.drools.audit.event.ActivationLogEvent>
    <org.drools.audit.event.ObjectLogEvent>
      <factId>1</factId>
      <objectToString>com.sample.Test at 67126712</objectToString>
      <type>1</type>
    </org.drools.audit.event.ObjectLogEvent>
    <org.drools.audit.event.ActivationLogEvent>
      <activationId>rule 1 - 1 [1]</activationId>
      <rule>rule 1 - 1</rule>
      <declarations>a=com.sample.Test at 67126712(1)</declarations>
      <type>6</type>
    </org.drools.audit.event.ActivationLogEvent>
    <org.drools.audit.event.ActivationLogEvent>
      <activationId>rule 1 - 2 [1]</activationId>
      <rule>rule 1 - 2</rule>
      <declarations>a=com.sample.Test at 67126712(1)</declarations>
      <type>5</type>
    </org.drools.audit.event.ActivationLogEvent>
    <org.drools.audit.event.ObjectLogEvent>
      <factId>1</factId>
      <objectToString>com.sample.Test at 67126712</objectToString>
      <type>2</type>
    </org.drools.audit.event.ObjectLogEvent>
    <org.drools.audit.event.ActivationLogEvent>
      <activationId>rule 1 - 1 [1]</activationId>
      <rule>rule 1 - 1</rule>
      <declarations>a=com.sample.Test at 67126712(1)</declarations>
      <type>7</type>
    </org.drools.audit.event.ActivationLogEvent>
  </list>
</object-stream>

  _____