[rules-users] Modifying fact object during rules execution

Steven Williams stevearoonie at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 19:30:27 EDT 2008

You could then have a rule that checks not (Currency type == USD) and a RHS
with that inserts a new converted amount. If your conversion is rules-based
then just have a rule per currency conversion.

Your "processing rules" could then act on the converted amounts.

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 2:33 AM, vmuthupal <muthupalaniappan at eth.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently we have a rule defined like this
> When
>  Currency value = 300
>  Currency type = USD
>  Condition 3 = something
>  Condition 4 = something
> Then
>  do this
>
> If the input values are not of the same currency then we need to do a
> currency conversion and then evaluate the above rule. For example if the
> input value says Currency value = 250 and currency type = Euro. then we
> need
> to convert the currency value from Euro to USD and then execute the rule.
> Is
> this possible by using functions on the LHS. If possible is there a better
> way to do this as we are currently looking at 10,000 rules to go through
> this routine.
>
> Thanks.

Steven Williams

Supervising Consultant

Object Consulting
Office: 8615 4500 Mob: 0439 898 668 Fax: 8615 4501
steven.williams at objectconsulting.com.au
www.objectconsulting.com.au

consulting | development | training | support
our experience makes the difference