[rules-users] To insert facts or use the find clause?

Raffi Khatchadourian khatchad at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Apr 17 21:33:52 EDT 2008

I would like to use Drools to reason about a graph structure using
queries. The graph consists of a collection of nodes, which in turn each
have a collection of edges to nodes. Currently, I have a single fact in
the Drools working memory, the graph. My queries then use the "from"
clause to obtain information about the nodes and edges within the graph.
I was wondering if it would be better to instead traverse the entire
structure adding each node and edge as facts into the working memory.
Any ideas? Thanks!