[rules-users] Agenda group doesn't stay set?

Bagwell, Allen F afbagwe at sandia.gov
Mon Apr 28 14:49:24 EDT 2008

I'm writing rules in different agenda groups and witnessing something curious.

Right now when I put my fireAllRules() in a callback that is triggered every couple of seconds I have to do this:

Callback executes on receipt of a heartbeat message:
{
   session.setFocus("my_agenda");
   session.fireAllRules();
}

What I would prefer to do is this is set my agenda group external to the callback so I have the liberty to simply use the callback to execute rules on whatever agenda I give focus to elsewhere:

Callback executes on receipt of a heartbeat message:
{
   session.fireAllRules();
}

But this doesn't work.

My understanding is that unless you explicitly set the agenda-group each time, then fireAllRules() resets your agenda group to "MAIN"?

Is there a way to get the session to retain focus on the agenda group I specify until I see fit to change it?

Allen F. Bagwell
e-mail:  afbagwe at sandia.gov
phone:  505/284-4517
fax:  505/ 844-7886

There is no monument dedicated to the memory of a committee. -- Lester J. Pourciau