[rules-users] Re: [drools-user] The Eclipse JDT Core jar is not inthe classpath error

Kris Verlaenen kris.verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Tue Dec 2 11:37:10 EST 2008

Eclipse 3.4.x is not supported for Drools 4.0.x.  So you should either
 - use Eclipse 3.3.x or 3.2.x with the corresponding Drools 4.0.7 plugin
 - use the Drools 5.x plugin with Eclipse 3.4.x

Even though large parts of the Drools 4.0.7 plugin might still work under
Eclipse 3.4.x, some things like the auto-detection of the jdt core jar or
debugging won't.  A workaround for the jdt jar is of course manually adding
it yourself.

Note that you can now use the Drools 5.x release with the Drools 4.0.7 jars,
as the Drools classpath container in Drools 5.x now allows you define your
own runtimes, so you can create a Drools 4.0.7 runtime as well.

Kris