[rules-users] having counter in drl

Steven Williams stevearoonie at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 18:54:52 EST 2008

Globals should only be used for data that is constant over the life of the
working memory, which is not so in your case.

Maybe you should just use a fact counter. If you don't want to affect your
code you could insert it in a separate rule.

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 9:05 AM, techy <techluver007 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I would like to take 100 sampling facts for rule and persist it in the db
> and ignore other data.
> How Can I maintain the counter? as global variable? Please clarify with
> sample code.
> I tried following way and but it does not work as expected.
>
> Ex:
> global Integer counter;
> rule "get sampling data"
>   when fact : Foo(some condition) && eval(counter <= 100)
>   then
>    counter++
>   // do some condition
> end

Steven Williams

Supervising Consultant

Object Consulting
Office: 8615 4500 Mob: 0439 898 668 Fax: 8615 4501
steven.williams at objectconsulting.com.au
www.objectconsulting.com.au

consulting | development | training | support
our experience makes the difference