[rules-users] How to use function in decision table

Bhamidi Krishna bhamidik at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 21 09:45:42 EST 2008

Thank you for the e-mail. The function does not seem to be included in the DRL. I shall run it again, and post again if I cannot get to a resolution.

Krishna

Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 13:59:56 +0000
From: mproctor at codehaus.org
To: rules-users at lists.jboss.org
Subject: Re: [rules-users] How to use function in decision table

Bhamidi Krishna wrote:

  Hi, I am attempting to use a function in a decision table, I
am sure I have gotten it totally wrong because it gives me the
following error -

  org.drools.compiler.DroolsParserException: Unknown error while parsing. This is a bug.
Please contact the Development team.

  at
org.drools.compiler.DrlParser.compile(DrlParser.java:183)
  at
org.drools.compiler.DrlParser.parse(DrlParser.java:61)
  at
org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilder.addPackageFromDrl(PackageBuilder.java:165)
  at
com.sample.DecisionTableTest.readDecisionTable(DecisionTableTest.java:60)
  at com.sample.DecisionTableTest.main(DecisionTableTest.java:35)

  I have attached
my decision table, the relevant portion of the table is pasted. Would
appreciate ponters in the right direction.

If often helps to look at the DRL that is being outputted, that should
help you see what is wrong in the DTable.

  Thank you

        450_60_20_30
        PROFIT
        PRICE
        2
         PRICE
        <
        Relative
        25
        equal

        450_60_20_30
        PROFIT
        STOCK
        2
         STOCK
        Absolute
        5
        equal

        450_60_20_30
        PROFIT
        CONTRACT
        2
         CONTRACT
        Absolute
        10
        equal

        450_60_20_30
        SERVICE
        FM
        2
        FM

        Absolute
        30
        equal

        Functions

        function absoluteCompareFunction(int
weight,String sign,String value, String compareValue ) double
returnValue=0.0; if(value==null || compareValue==null) { return
returnValue; } if(value.equalsIgnoreCase(compareValue)) { returnValue=
weight; } end

  Suspicious message? There’s an alert for that. Get your Hotmail® account now.