[rules-users] Delimited Number groups filtering ?

Maxim Veksler maxim.veksler at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 14:18:22 EST 2008

Thank you very much for the fast and accurate reply David,

Is it also possible to use the opposite positioning?, something like:

Subscriber($age : age)
Campaign($campaignAgeRangs : listOfAgeRangeCodes)
AgeRange(minAge <= $age, max >= $age, $campaignAgeRangs contains code)

Please don't try the above as this tries to create a field extractor for
$campaignAgeRangs on the AgeRange object which fails for obvious reasons..

I would like to to filter first by Subscriber, then by Campaign and last by
age range. This is obviously a simplification of the actual filtering rules.

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 7:28 PM, David Sinclair <
dsinclair at chariotsolutions.com> wrote:

> Subscriber($age : age)
> AgeRange(minAge <= $age, max >= $age, $code : code)
> Campaign(listOfAgeRangeCodes contains $code)
>
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Maxim Veksler <maxim.veksler at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>

>> The dataModel is as following:
>>
>> class AgeRange() {
>> Integer code;
>> int minAge;
>> int maxAge;
>> }
>>
>> Campaign() {
>> List<Integer> listOfAgeRangeCodes;
>> }
>>
>> Subscriber() {
>> int age;
>> }
>>
>> AgeRange()'s and Campaign()'s are pre-populated into the WM.
>> Subscriber() is asserted right before fireAllRules is called.
>>
>> I need a rule that would allow me to check if Subscriber() is within one
>> of the defined on the Campaign() AgeRange()'s.
>>
>> What would be the most efficient way to enforce this constraint?
>> The other possibility I see is to store the list of AgeRange()'s in each
>> Campaign() and then use eval() to iterate over the list...
>>

>> Advice and ideas are appreciated.
>>

>> Thank you,
>> Maxim.
>> --