[rules-users] Pattern matching

Jai Vasanth jaivasanth at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 20:25:55 EST 2008

Here is the actual reason why I wanted to know the difference between those
2.

rule "Remove smaller or non-overriden"
    dialect "java"
    when
        L : Response( $r : value && status != "override" )
        (Response(  value > $r ) or Response( status == "override"))
    then
        retract( L );
end

The above rule performs what I intended. It retains the Response with the
largest value or it the one that has an override status (if one exists)

But I am getting a different behaviour for this one

rule "Remove smaller or non-overriden"
    dialect "java"
    when
        L : Response( $r : value && status != "override" )
        Response(  value > $r ||  status == "override" )
    then
        retract( L );
end

This rule seems to retain both the objects, the overriden and the largest
value

Could you explain to me how they are diffrent.

Thanks

Jai