[rules-users] RE: RCP and DRools project: Unable to create view: org/drools/Wor kingMemory

Huang, XiaoDong David Xiaodong.Huang at otis.com
Thu Feb 14 01:58:08 EST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to use RCP to develop a BRMS. But I am a newcomer of both RCP
and DRools. The problem in my program is:

A view can not be displayed properly while the DRools program is added in my
RCP project. But if I disable below statement, the view can be displayed:

workingMemory = ruleBase.newStatefulSession();

Error message and a view RCP codes in which rule is fired are attached.

My steps of constructing the RCP+DRools project:

1. Create Plug-in project with RCP
2. Add customized view and add some buttons
3. Run as Eclipse Application, everything is fine
4. "Convert to DRools project" using the pop-up menu, some DRools libraries
were added.
5. Add button event and fire rules in a view - "EditView"
6. Run as Eclipse Application, EditView can not be displayed properly and
throw out error message.
7. if "workingMemory = ruleBase.newStatefulSession();" is disabled, the view
can be display correctly again.

Is my DRools calling method in RCP correct?

Please comment.

Thanks,
David