[rules-users] You must see this, guys...new bug? defining rules saturday night made me mad?

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Sat Feb 16 18:33:13 EST 2008

   Need to see the full test case to be able to understand if it is a bug or
not, because the expression in the LHS is using the ShadowProxy, while the
one in the RHS is not... so, it may be a bug or it may not... depends when
and how you are setting the upronto field.

   []s
   Edson

2008/2/16, mmquelo at gmail.com <mmquelo at gmail.com>:

> Look at this....
>
> I have got a "ContractWrapper" fact inserted into WM.
>
> It wraps a "Contract" object and some "enums" fields.
>
> One of these fields is "upronto":
>

> *
>
> public
> * *class* ContractWrapper *extends* BaseOmPersistentWithAssignedId{
>
> Contract
> mycontract=*null*;

> Pronto upronto = *null*;
>
> *...*
>
> *<getters and setters....>*

> }
>

> "upronto" is an insance of a "Pronto" java enum:
>

> *
>
> public
> * *enum* Pronto {*

> *,*
>
> UNKNOWN
> *,*

> *;
>
> }
>

> "Pronto" can be : (Y, N, UNKNOWN)
>
> Here is the rule which reasons over this enum:
> (ofcourse I have got a Request into WM as well)
>
> *rule "ScorePronto"
> dialect "mvel"
> ruleflow-group "Scoring"
>  when
>      $r:Request( $mc:mainContract != null )
>      $cw_p:ContractWrapper($c_w_p:mycontract == $mc, eval(upronto !=
> Pronto.Y))*
> * then
>      System.out.println("Test Result: "+($cw_p.upronto == Pronto.Y))
> end*
>
> Any guesses for the output???
>
> Well....
>
> *Test Result: true*
>
> HOW COMES???????????????????
>
> I mean ... the test "eval(upronto != Pronto.Y)" returned "true".... It
> means that the rule
> engine sees upronto <> Pronto.Y!, doesn't it??!!!!
>
> *So... why do I get "upronto == Pronto.Y" in the RHS????*
>
> What the.........&$%%&()%%$/%£....sorry....but having these
> kind of problems during saturday night is not so pleaseant!
>
> T-T
>
> I really hope you can help me with a  workaround to this issue.
>
> Bye
>
> Massi

  Edson Tirelli
  JBoss Drools Core Development