[rules-users] Plz reply : Descending order rule

Anstis, Michael (M.) manstis1 at ford.com
Thu Feb 21 09:00:17 EST 2008

Code:-

public static final void main(String[] args) {
	WorkingMemory wm = ruleBase.newStatefulSession();

	wm.insert(new Order(1));
	wm.insert(new Order(2));
	wm.insert(new Order(3));
	wm.fireAllRules();

}

Rule:-

rule "Descending order"
    when
        $a : Order( $value : value )
        not Order( value > $value)
    then
        System.out.println("value :"+$value);
        retract($a);
end

Gives:-

value :3
value :2
value :1

I agree with Scott, is there something else afoot?