[rules-users] Re: JUnit and classpath

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Wed Jan 2 08:42:04 EST 2008

  Mike,

  So it seems you are missing the ASM jar in your classpath... did you tried
adding it?
  BTW, what is this MinimalDroolCore_1.0.0.jar that you are adding to your
classpath? Drools also includes an inlined ASM version inside it for its own
use... are you stripping that?

  []s
  Edson

2008/1/2, J Michael Dean <mdean77 at comcast.net>:

> Thanks.  When I do that, there is no reference to org.objectweb.asm,
> nor is there even any reference to any asm library. The information is
> about 800 lines long and it clearly shows classes loading from my
> "minimal core Drools" plugin;  when I add the entire Drools
> distribution to the classpath I get a similar dump with loading from
> the complete Drools distribution.  I am attaching a text file with
> this information but I am guessing it will get stripped away by the
> server.  I very much appreciate your help with this.

> On Jan 2, 2008, at 5:04 AM, rules-users-request at lists.jboss.org wrote:
> >
> > Message: 8
> > Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 10:00:46 -0200
> > From: "Edson Tirelli" <tirelli at post.com>
> > Subject: Re: [rules-users] Re: rules-users Digest, Vol 13, Issue 48
> > To: "Rules Users List" <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>
> >
> >   Mike,
> >
> >   I don't remember right now the exact flag to dump classpath, but
> > adding
> > "-verbose:class" as a VM parameter on your launch configuration
> > shall do the
> > trick. Just look for "org.objectweb.asm" package's Classes being
> > loaded and
> > you will know where they are being loaded from. You will easily be
> > able to
> > see if there is any other asm library clashing with the mvel
> > required ones.
> >
> >   []s
> >   Edson
> >
> > 2007/12/31, J Michael Dean <mdean77 at comcast.net>:
> >>
> >> Sorry - am using Eclipse in OSX and have no clue how to ask it to
> >> dump its
> >> classpath.I can print out the .classpath file but this is clearly not
> >> really relevant.
> >>
> >>  Mike,
> >>
> >>  This looks like a classpath problem indeed. Did you tried asking
> >> the JVM
> >> to dump its classpath so that you can know for sure what jars are
> >> included
> >> and if any of them embeds a non-compatible ASM version ?
> >>
> >>  []s
> >>  Edson

  Edson Tirelli
  JBoss Drools Core Development