[rules-users] Does BRMS run on Jboss 4.0.1sp1 AS

kissro at lidp.com kissro at lidp.com
Fri Jan 4 15:17:58 EST 2008

Hi,

Does anyone know if any version of the Drools BRMS will work on the
Jboss 4.0.1sp1 AS?  I have been trying unsucessfully to get it to work.
Fernando helped me some by suggesting I install the jsf dependencies on
my app server.  That fixed one problem.  Another problem was fixed by
removing 'cglib-full-2.0.1.jar' from the
server/default/deploy/jboss-hibernate.deployer directory.

Following those two changes, the BRMS now opens in the web browser but
when I go to 'Packages' and try to add a new rule or create and save a
new package, it dies again with these errors.

INFO  [TransientRepository] Transient repository initialized
INFO  [TransientRepository] Session opened
INFO  [TransientRepository] Session opened
WARN  [Contexts] Could not destroy component: repository
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: method not found: close for
component: repository
at org.jboss.seam.Component.callComponentMethod(Component.java:1820)
at org.jboss.seam.Component.callDestroyMethod(Component.java:1733)
at org.jboss.seam.contexts.Contexts.destroy(Contexts.java:230)
at org.jboss.seam.contexts.Lifecycle.flushAndDestroyContexts(Lifecycle.java:426)
at org.jboss.seam.contexts.Lifecycle.endRequest(Lifecycle.java:344)
.
.
.
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.drools.brms.server.repository.RulesRepositoryManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$bae301ae.close()
at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.seam.Component.callComponentMethod(Component.java:1799)
   ... 38 more
INFO  [TransientRepository] Session opened
WARN  [Contexts] Could not destroy component: repository
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: method not found: close for
component: repository
at org.jboss.seam.Component.callComponentMethod(Component.java:1820)
at org.jboss.seam.Component.callDestroyMethod(Component.java:1733)

These are the errors I get when I use the 4.0.1 BRMS .war file.  When
using the 4.0.3 .war file, I get completely different errors and it dies
before starting.  Can you even use BRMS on anything earlier than 4.0.2
AS?  If so, what else can I try to get around these errors?

Thanks,
Rod