[rules-users] Can't run BRMS on Jboss 4.0.1 AS

kissro at lidp.com kissro at lidp.com
Mon Jan 7 09:30:59 EST 2008

I'm trying to run the BRMS GUI on the Jboss 4.0.1sp1 AS but I'm getting
the following errors after I login and click 'Packages'.  I'm working in
a Windows environment using eclipse 3.2 with the 2.0 Jboss IDE.  I'm
using the 4.0.1 BRMS .war file.  It looks like the problem is with Seam
but I don't know how to fix it.  I've successfully run the BRMS GUI on
the Jboss 4.0.2GA server and I don't see any messages whatsoever about
Seam.  Why is it running Seam for the 4.0.1 server but not 4.0.2.  When
the 4.0.1 server starts I see the message 'Welcome to Seam 1.2.0.PATCH1'
then it displays a bunch of messages related to initializing Seam.
I need to get this running on the 4.0.1 server.  Can someone help me?

INFO  [Lifecycle] starting up: org.jboss.seam.security.identity
WARN  [RuleBasedIdentity] no security rule base available - please
      install a RuleBase with the name 'securityRules' if permission checks
      are required.
INFO  [SecurityServiceImpl] Logging in user []
INFO  [DefaultAuthenticator] User logged in via default authentication
      module (no security check).
INFO  [RepositoryImpl] Starting repository...
INFO  [LocalFileSystem] LocalFileSystem initialized at path
      repository\repository
INFO  [LocalFileSystem] LocalFileSystem initialized at path
      repository\version
      INFO  [LocalFileSystem] LocalFileSystem initialized at path
      repository\version\blobs
INFO  [RepositoryImpl] initializing workspace 'default'...
INFO  [LocalFileSystem] LocalFileSystem initialized at path
      repository\workspaces\default
INFO  [LocalFileSystem] LocalFileSystem initialized at path
      repository\workspaces\default\blobs
INFO  [RepositoryImpl] workspace 'default' initialized
INFO  [LocalFileSystem] LocalFileSystem initialized at path
      repository\repository\index
INFO  [SearchIndex] Index initialized: repository/repository/index
INFO  [LocalFileSystem] LocalFileSystem initialized at path
      repository\workspaces\default\index
INFO  [SearchIndex] Index initialized:
      repository\workspaces\default/index
INFO  [RepositoryImpl] Repository started
INFO  [TransientRepository] Transient repository initialized
INFO  [TransientRepository] Session opened
INFO  [TransientRepository] Session opened
WARN  [Contexts] Could not destroy component: repository

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: method not found: close for
component: repository
at org.jboss.seam.Component.callComponentMethod(Component.java:1820)
at org.jboss.seam.Component.callDestroyMethod(Component.java:1733)
at org.jboss.seam.contexts.Contexts.destroy(Contexts.java:230)
at org.jboss.seam.contexts.Lifecycle.flushAndDestroyContexts(Lifecycle.java:426)
at org.jboss.seam.contexts.Lifecycle.endRequest(Lifecycle.java:344)
at org.jboss.seam.web.ContextFilter.doFilter(ContextFilter.java:59)
.
.
.
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.drools.brms.server.repository.RulesRepositoryManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$61fa759b.close()
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)
        at
org.jboss.seam.Component.callComponentMethod(Component.java:1799)
        ... 38 more

Thank you.