[rules-users] Problems using functions in .drl file

Keith Bennett forthwind at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 10:12:07 EST 2008

Thanks for the update.  I still have a couple questions:

Which back version of the Drools IDE can I use with Java 1.4 set as the
compiler?

Or possibly even better, is it safe to set the 'Compiler compliance level'
setting to Java 5 while setting the 'Generated .class files compatibility'
and 'Source compatibility' settings to 1.4?  That's something I've never
done, but hopefully it would allow me to use the latest version of the IDE.

My client has WebSphere 5.x deployed and must stay on Java 1.4 for now, so I
have to develop my code to be 1.4 compliant.  However, I want to utilize the
Drools engine and IDE to develop a rules component for them.  I hope I can
get this environment working.