[rules-users] Prefix 'and' and infix 'and' not interchangeable?

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Tue Jan 15 13:40:38 EST 2008

    Actually, I just understood the problem.
    The "not" CE requires () when used with anything that is not a simple
pattern. So the following are valid constructions:

not A()
not( A() and B() )

   Now, if you want to use a prefixed "and"/"or", it also requires a (). So
the following is a valid construction:

not( (and A() B() ) )

   So, the proposed construction is not valid for current grammar, because
it is missing one pair of ():

not( and A() B() ) // WRONG

    Now, I do think it would be desirable for us to support the above
construction, so if you open a ticket for that I will look into enabling it.

    []s
    Edson