[rules-users] Uploading the fact model to the DRools BRMS

Jones, Alan R alan.r.jones at boeing.com
Fri Jan 18 11:59:18 EST 2008

Actually I am having the same problem...

I create a jar from a schema containing all the classes that the rule will work with. In the BRMS, I upload it as an asset in a model archive. Then when I edit package config, I put import statements per the following:

      import com.mycompany.model.vehicles.*;
      import org.apache.xmlbeans.*;

and when I do a vailidation, it throws error saying "No Such class for import com.mycompany.model.vehicles.*" or something similar.

However, if I change it to a specific class:

       import com.mycompany.model.vehicles.Scooter;
       import org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlObject;

...it does validate/save successfully. So it looks like there is a problem with the wildcard? I should mention this is in the context of JBoss App Server 4.x...in Tomcat 6, it doesn't work even with explicit class in the import -- is there something about BRMS running in Tomcat 6 and uploaded jar files (model archives)?

The wildcard could be a problem as I use xmlbeans to generate my data model from an xsd (I pass xml docs via  SOAP messages). The result is a jar with a LOT of classes that could be very painful to have to import class by class.