[rules-users] BRMS locks jackrabbit

safi potkaljinahoubach at email.cz
Tue Jan 22 09:23:50 EST 2008

Hi,

we are trying to use Drools as a business rules engine and we have
encountered some difficulties. First of all when we log into BRMS, the
jackrabbit session is created and JCR is locked. This seems to be natural
and of course it is correct but we need to communicate with repository from
other applications which is not possible due to locking. Do you have any
idea how to simply solve it?
We have tried to sign out from the BRMS but is does not seem to work (to
unlock the JCR). The solution could be to use jackrabbit in model 2 or 3,
but we could not find any instructions how to configure BRMS to use these
models. There is a configuration file components.xml in the BRMS WEB-INF
folder which is used for configuring the repository, so is there any
property or anything which could be used for configuring BRMS to use a JNDI
to access the repository?
>From our point of view it seems that we will have to implement
JCRRepositoryConfigurator and set <property
name="configurator">outRepositoryConfigurator</property> into the
components.xml. Is it right?

We are using Drools 4.0.3 and we deploy BRMS to Glassfigh V2 b58g.

Thank you for your answers.

Safi