[rules-users] OutOfMemory with BRMS 4.0.3

Michael Neale michael.neale at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 06:19:34 EST 2008

Ok so yes the error is on the brms web app. The agent will poll the
brms , so that may be causing it.

So, could you try to run the brms without the agent hitting it and see
if it happens ( will narrow it down massively)? Also, what tomcat, jdk
and I
Os version?

Sent from my iPhone

On 23/01/2008, at 1:54, sophie.ramel at tudor.lu wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> After coming back after almost a week without touching the server,
>> the
>> jboss application server with the BRMS also makes a OutOfMemory
>> exception
>> when I try to use the BRMS.
>>
>>> When you get back to work if you could provide more info it would be
>> great.
>> What kind of info do you need?
>> Here is what is done in my server code, to fire the rules:
>>
>> Properties props=new Properties();
>> props.setProperty("newInstance", "false");
>> props.setProperty("url", packageURL);
>> props.setProperty("localCacheDir", cacheDir);
>> props.setProperty("poll", "30");
>> props.setProperty("name", "Agent-"+pid);
>> RuleAgent agent = RuleAgent.newRuleAgent(props);
>> RuleBase rb = agent.getRuleBase();
>> workingMemory=ruleBase.newStatefulSession();
>>
>> and then we insert all objects in the working memory with "wm.insert
>> (o);",
>> but recursively in order for all the objects to be directly
>> accessible in
>> rules (We've got a hierarchic structure, an XML file transformed in
>> Java
>> by JAXB, so the insert method tests the accessor methods of the
>> object and
>> is called recursively on the accessors' results, before inserting the
>> object).
>>
>> then we call:
>> workingMemory.fireAllRules();
>> [...interprate results...]
>> workingMemory.dispose();
>>

>> Best regards,
>>
>> Sophie
>>

>> Michael Neale <michael.neale at gmail.com>
>> Sent by: rules-users-bounces at lists.jboss.org
>> 17/01/2008 23:34
>> Please respond to
>> Rules Users List <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>

>> Rules Users List <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>
>> cc
>> Rules Users List <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>
>> Subject
>> Re: [rules-users] OutOfMemory with BRMS 4.0.3
>>

>> Thanks sophie. Any oome I will investigate it just takes time to find
>> them. I have been running some overnight tests myself today. When you
>> get back to work if you could provide more info it would be great.
>>
>> If the agent is running then it polls the brms. So that could be one
>> of the possible causes.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On 17/01/2008, at 22:44, sophie.ramel at tudor.lu wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Michael,
>>>
>>> I'm not at my company these days so I cannot check or make further
>>> tests.
>>> But yes, we use a rule agent and an URL to query the rule.
>>> And it happens after 1-2 days whether we use the system or not, it
>>> doesn't
>>> seem to make any difference.
>>>
>>> however, I'll check when returning, but I think it still worked
>>> after a few
>>> days, now that I have moved the BRMS to the Jboss 3.2.3 app server.

>>> from another tool (on the same machine but in another server: in