[rules-users] WorkingMemory and JUnit

John.Dubchak at wellsfargo.com John.Dubchak at wellsfargo.com
Wed Jan 23 10:10:34 EST 2008

Hi,

We are using Drools 3.0.6 using a test-driven approach.  This works
really well in allowing us to get good test coverage around our rules
and to create those rules rather easily.  However, as the number of
tests grows, the execution speed of the test suite in our Continous
Integration environment is taking longer and longer (expected, I know).

We've broken our rules out into separate .drl files and try to test them
in isolation by instantiating a new WorkingMemory in the setup method of
each test and then setting the WorkingMemory variable to null in the
tearDown method.

Is there a way to re-use the WorkingMemory object such that we don't
have to create a new one, at the start of a test, and have it
garbage-collected, at the end?  How are others doing similar things?
Our goal is to reduce the execution time of our testsuite.

Thanks for any and all replies.

John