[rules-users] Count matching facts

cfili cfilippelli at cerner.com
Tue Jan 29 10:02:36 EST 2008

I am having a hard time finding an example of what I am trying to do, so
maybe someone here could help me.  What I am trying to do is determine how
many facts fall into the same category.

My facts are 'processes' and one of their attributes is a 'name'.  My goal
is to determine how many processes with the same name are running.  The
problem is I do not know ahead of time the process names available, I want
to determine that set at runtime.  Also, once I determine the count for a
given name, I do not want to run it again for the other processes that fall
in that name category.

I think "from collect" is probably what I want to use here, but I am not
sure how to grab the names in my Pattern from the fact I am currently
iterating on.

Thanks.