[rules-users] Question about timing rules

Scott Reed sreed at avacoda.com
Thu Jun 5 12:34:58 EDT 2008

To parameterize each rule's frequency, you can add an object with a
frequency property for each rule or group of rules with the same
frequency and check the frequency in the LHS against Corniels proposed
timer object. You can then modify the frequency property of these
objects and signal the rule engine that the change was made and the new
frequency will be be used to trigger the rules.

I am not sure you need to fireAllRules periodically. I think you can
just update the timer object that Corneil proposes and signal the update
to the rule engine and it will reevaluate the rules automatically.