[rules-users] JSR-94 and JEE integration

Knoster droolsuser at macdepp.de
Tue Jun 10 04:46:20 EDT 2008

Hi,
i would like to integrate drools in jee. to be more flexible i was loking
at jsr-94. as i suppose jsr-94 only addresses j2se environment, my
question is: how it is possible to use drools with this specs from an ejb3
session bean? my thoughts about this brought me to the idea of injecting
the rules-administrator via resource annotation to prevent the container
always doing a class.forname(..) lookup. to define a j2se resource in a
jee container a jca might be the best way to integrate and to assure the
jee specs will not be violated. but this seams a lot of overhead to me.
how do u use drools in your jee applications when not relying on the brms?
any help or ideas on integrating drools with jsr-94 in jee would be great.

Knosta