[rules-users] Re: Rules compiler is not able to extract the field withxXXX format

Alexander Claus styjdt at claus4joy.de
Wed Jun 11 18:41:29 EDT 2008

> I have a member variable called tText (i.e any variable with xXXX format)
> and have the proper getter/setter ( getTText() and setTText(String arg) ).
> If I try the extract that field in the rule LHS ( i.e.
> someclass(myText:tText)  ) then I get the "Unable to create Field
> Extractor
> for 'sText'" error.

Sorry, but I can't reproduce that.
I'm working with Drools 4.0.7 and if I set up a test case with the values as
you describe (String tText, ...), my test runs successfully.
Stupid question: Are you sure that you have no typo in your rule? You get an
error for "sText", but you have declared "tText".

Alexander Claus