[rules-users] Re: Re: Rules compiler is not able to extract the fieldwithxXXX format

Alexander Claus styjdt at claus4joy.de
Thu Jun 12 03:33:50 EDT 2008

> rule "entity.testrule"
>     when
>     $rulesSerivceTest:RulesServiceTest(tText:tText)
>     then
>        logger.info("Received an Test");
> end

Now I was able to reproduce the error.
Sorry, my last test was done using the context-sensitive help of the
Eclipse-Drools plugin, so I did not regognize it immediately. There is an
interesting fact:
If you have a getter "getAbcdEfgh()", then the Drools mechanism let you
access it via "abcdEfgh", but:
when you have a getter "getABcde()", then Drools is not able to determine,
if you really mean a field "ABcde" or "aBcde" behind the getter (although it
is not really important since only the getter is accessible). So Drools
decides for the first option and offers you only to access "ABcde". (This is
what you get from the context sensitive help of the Eclipse plugin.)

For you this means: Change your 3rd line in rule to
    $rulesServiceTest : RulesServiceTest( $tText : TText )

Now it should work.
I don't know, if this is a bug or if it is intended this way. Perhaps one of
the developers could say something about?

Alexander Claus