[rules-users] Re: Re: beginner needs help

Alexander Claus styjdt at claus4joy.de
Thu Jun 12 04:13:51 EDT 2008

> I tried to install a fresh copy of Drools, and what I have done is:
> 1. checked out everything from
> http://anonsvn.labs.jboss.com/labs/jbossrules/trunk using Subversion.
> 2. cd $DROOLS_HOME
> 3. mvn clean
> 4.mvn -Declipse -Ddocumentation clean
> install -DlocalEclipseDrop=/folder/jboss-rules/local-eclipse-drop-mirror
>
> But I got a lot of error from step 4. as
> ====
> .... (A lot of outputs that I chopped)
> [INFO] There are test failures.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Maven. For me it looks like as if there would
be errors in the testcases distributed with the sources.
1. Are you sure that you have downloaded a stable version?
2. Are you sure that you need to build Drools at your own? When you write "I
just started using Drools" I expect you to be a USER of Drools, so for you
it should be enough to load one of the ready-to-use distributions of the
Drools download site. Either the binarys or the Eclipse plugin should
fulfill your needs.

Alexander Claus