[rules-users] The Eclipse JDT Core jar is not in the classpath

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Thu Jun 12 06:43:17 EDT 2008

Christopher.Mathrusse at sybase.com wrote:

> I'm using JBoss Rules 4.01 with Spring 2.5 and I'm utilizing the
> JSR-94 interfaces provided by Spring Modules. When deploying my
> application I receive the error:
>
> */The Eclipse JDT Core jar is not in the classpath/*
>
> I've searched through the postings and found that setting the compiler
> to drools.dialect.java.compiler*/ /*should resolve the issue but I am
> having trouble figuring out where to set this property on the JSR_94
> interfaces. I've tried passing a Map into
>
> ruleAdministrator.getLocalRuleExecutionSetProvider(providerProperties);
>
> with the following specified in my Spring configuration:
>         <prop key="drools.dialect.java.compiler">JANINO</prop>
>
> but I believe the initialization occurs long before this point.
>
> I've also tried dropping into the applications WEB-INF/lib directory a
> copy of the jasper-compiler-jdt.jar into the WEB-INF/lib directory,
> which should satisfy the dependency, but it didn't seem to resolve the
> issue.
Either that's the wrong classpath location, or that jasper compiler
isn't hte same thing, try the jdt.jar supplied with drools.
> I would prefer it if there was some way of setting this property
> without having to use the JDT libraries.
This should be possible, have you tried adding a packagebuilder.conf to
tbe WEB-INF directory as the propperties loader checks for one of those
first.

> I saw that I can provide system properties to make Drools aware of the
> requested compiler setting but this is not really an option as I am
> running inside of a J2EE container and I am unable to modify the
> settings that are provided to the application server. Is there a
> default location in the classpath that Drools looks for a properties
> file that I can specify these values? Or better still, is there a way
> that I can supplied them to the JSR-94 interfaces to ensure proper
> initialization?
no and it is for this reason that I tell people to stay away from the
abomination that is JSR94.