[rules-users] RuleFlow Groups and retraction

Markus Helbig info at markushelbig.de
Thu Jun 19 04:30:04 EDT 2008

Here the situtation in my application (small sample application works,
i checked that, so up to 99% there's a fault in my implementation but
currently i'm stuck, maybe someone has an idea what can be wrong):

-> startProcess results in 2 Activations

-> first: Fact 1 and Fact 2 on rulenode1
-> second: Fact1 and Fact 2 on rulenode2

-> firing

-> first activation retracts fact 2, so clearly second activation has
to be canceled

so i debugged my application and i clearly see that the activation on
rulenode2 is not canceled, the ReteTuple on rulenode2 is never fetched
from the nodememory to set to cancel ...

I checked my hashCode and equality methods but they seem to be ok.

The rules resolve to a very big rete network because of complicated
conditions. The conditions of rule1 and rule2 are nearly the same.

Anyone has an idea whatelse i can check to fix this issue,

any help is appreciated,

Cheers

Markus

BTW: the only thing i can't do is show my application, i'm also sure
no one wants to see a WebSphere EAR with lots of classes ...