[rules-users] Problems with drools-4.0.7 examples

Stephen Schaub sschaub at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 12:56:58 EDT 2008

Thanks for the tip, Mark. I did what you suggested, and got the
necessary libraries added to the project build configuration.

I can run the HelloWorldExample, and there are no compile errors for
any of the .java project files. However, there are still lots of
errors reported for the .drl files. When I open the HelloWorld.drl
file and attempt to click the Rete Tree tab at the bottom of the
editor, I get the message:

Rete Tree Build Error!
Reason:
Unable to parse rules to show RETE view!

Am I missing something?

Stephen

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 10:18 AM, Mark Proctor <mproctor at codehaus.org> wrote:
> it seems an incorrect .project was committed, it's easy to fix. Just remove
> anything from the project dependencies and then right click and select
> "convert to drools"
>
> Should do the job.
>
> Mark
> Stephen Schaub wrote:
>>
>> I am new to Drools.
>>
>> I downloaded the drools-4.0.7 examples from
>>

>> http://download.jboss.org/drools/release/4.0.7.19894.GA/drools-4.0.7-examples.zip
>>
>> I have Eclipse 3.3 with the GEF dependency, and installed the Drools
>> plugins. I then imported the drools examples into a clean Eclipse
>> workspace. I'm getting many errors reported in the Eclipse Problems
>> view on the .drl files.
>>
>> I attempted to run the HelloWorldExample, and got a runtime error. I
>> checked the build path of the project, and it references
>> drools-compiler and drools-core projects, neither of which are in my
>> workspace. I manually removed these, and added the dependencies
>> mentioned in the Drools README_DEPENDENCIES.txt.
>>
>> I looked around for info on setting up the drools examples, and didn't
>> find any. I would appreciate a pointer...

Stephen Schaub