[rules-users] IMPORTANT: if you use dynamic rules and serialization, please READ

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Thu Mar 6 07:51:15 EST 2008

   I mentioned that in a few e-mails already, but since some people missed,
I decided to send an specific e-mail for that.

   We made a focused effort in the last few weeks to add test cases and fix
a few bugs related to dynamic rules (adding/removing rules at runtime) and
also related to serialization. This is a work in progress, but we already
fixed a few important scenarios in 4.0.x branch.

   So, if you make use of these features, we strongly advise you to build
the 4.0.x branch yourself and use that instead of 4.0.4 until we release
4.0.5. Please, do not report bugs related to dynamic rules and serialization
in 4.0.4 without first trying the 4.0.x branch. This will allow us to save
time and focus on any eventual scenario that is still not covered.

   If you are a Red Hat subscription customer, you can obviously use the
customer portal to request help with your use case and/or ask for an
official binary build until the next version is released.

   For those that don't know, instructions on where to get the sources from
and how to build is in the drools manual. The 4.0.x branch source is
available here:

http://anonsvn.labs.jboss.com/labs/jbossrules/branches/4.0.x/

    Thanks,
      Edson