[rules-users] How to block until RuleAgent has loaded up a ruleset?

Irving Reid irving at cfrq.net
Tue Mar 11 11:06:11 EDT 2008

I have an application built on Drools 4.0.3, using JBRMS to manage the rule base and the RuleAgent class to load the rules into my application.

My problem is that the application gets the rulebase from the agent and starts processing events (using a StatelessSession for each event) immediately at startup, *before* the agent has downloaded the rule package from the JBRMS.

I'm looking into using the RuleAgent callbacks to set a flag when the rule package has loaded, and have my event processor wait for the flag to be set.

If there's another way I'd love to hear it.

 - irving -