[rules-users] conversion of .pkg file to other formats

Rick Lacy jrlacy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 18:12:36 EDT 2008

Greetings.

I'm using Drools for a project at work.  I'm investigating the feasibility
of using the BRMS in our environment.  I have a question about the binary
packages that are available for download from the BRMS.  Given one of these
.pkg files, is there an easy API call that would get me a text string
representing the .drl file equivalent of the .pkg file?  I realize that I
can use the 'Show package source' from the BRMS.  However, if we decide to
go with .pkg files for deployment, it would be really nice to be able to get
a human-readable form of what was last deployed to production for any given
.pkg for auditing / troubleshooting purposes.  I perused the docs, and I
found something similar to what I want, but it seems to be specific to
decision tables.

Thanks,

Rick