[rules-users] conversion of .pkg file to other formats

Knapp, Barry barry.knapp at railinc.com
Wed Mar 12 08:03:49 EDT 2008

Rick,

We had the same issue/concern and chose to pass the drl to our engine.
We bypass the default BRMS deployer and created a custom servlet to
return the drl.  Here is some logic that will generate the drl.

PACKAGE_UUID = uuid of your package

REPOSITORY_SERVICE = "org.drools.brms.client.rpc.RepositoryService";

                    ServiceImplementation imp =

                        (ServiceImplementation)Component.getInstance(

RulesManagementConstants.REPOSITORY_SERVICE );

                    String  responsePayload =

                        imp.buildPackageSource(

RulesManagementConstants.PACKAGE_UUID);

As a warning though, you may run into upgrade issues since you are
entering the non-supported api.

Barry