[rules-users] Drools and Google Summer Of Code

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Thu Mar 13 09:29:57 EDT 2008

http://blog.athico.com/2008/03/drools-and-google-summer-of-code.html

The Google Summer of Code <http://code.google.com/soc/2008/> is
beginning. Drools, being a Red Hat project, has to participate under the
Fedora banner. So I've put a few project ideas up on the JBoss GSoC
<http://labs.jboss.com/wiki/GSoC> page. If you're able to enter as a
student please do take a look and don't hesitate to contact if anything
interests you.

I've also listed the ideas below, please leave comments if you have any
other ideas you think might make good student projects. Or maybe you are
a student and you want to propose a GSoC project.

# Subversion/CVS and JCR synchronisation. This allows our web based BRMS,
called Guvnor, to synchronise it's content with what's used in an IDE,
such as Eclipse
# Eclipse file upload tool with meta-data properties editing. You should
be able to right click a file or a folder and upload to the web based
Guvnor. Previously uploaded files(assets) should be recognised and
uploaded as a modify.
# SBVR <http://www.businessrulesgroup.org/sbvr.shtml>, structured natural
language, implementation for Drools. Can do either or both the frontend
or the backend.
# Eclipse tooling enhancements including any of the following: search,
refactoring, reformatting.
# Animate the Rete view to represent network propagation.
# Improve the DSL capabilities of Drools, supporting more complex grammars.
# Improve the Guvnor, web based BRMS, to handle the management of more
asset types. Including images, video, sound etc. Guvnor involves JCR,
Seam and GWT work.
# Create a Web based process designer for Drools ruleflow using GWT
Designer. <http://code.google.com/p/gwt-diagrams/>

Mark