[rules-users] DRL Compilation exception

Joe White Joe.White at recondotech.com
Wed Mar 26 18:47:31 EDT 2008

We have a rule package with a target platform of a JBoss server. Based
on the recommendation at
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=RulesTomcat we changed the
package config to use the JavaDialectConfiguration.JANINO compiler.
However, when trying to load the package with the janino compiler we get
the stack trace included below. The rules load correctly if the compiler
change is not set (but they won't load in JBoss if we don't make the
compiler change).

Is there an alternative workaround for the JDT issue that would allow us
to use something other than the janino compiler to load the rules inside
of JBoss? Or is there a known cause or workaround for the exception
below?

We are using Drools 4.0.4 and JBoss 4.0.5

Thanks for your help

Joe

java.lang.RuntimeException: SNO: Conversion failed

      at
org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.binaryNumericPromotion(UnitCompiler.jav
a)

      at
org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileArithmeticOperation(UnitCompiler
.java)

      at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileGet2(UnitCompiler.java)

      at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$39(UnitCompiler.java)

      at
org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$7.visitBinaryOperation(UnitCompiler.jav
a)

      at org.codehaus.janino.Java$BinaryOperation.accept(Java.java)

      at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileGet(UnitCompiler.java)

      at
org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileGetValue(UnitCompiler.java)

      at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java)

      at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$12(UnitCompiler.java)

      at
org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$2.visitLocalVariableDeclarationStatemen
t(UnitCompiler.java)

      at
org.codehaus.janino.Java$LocalVariableDeclarationStatement.accept(Java.j
ava)

      at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java)

      at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java)

      at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$3(UnitCompiler.java)

      at
org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$2.visitBlock(UnitCompiler.java)

      at org.codehaus.janino.Java$Block.accept(Java.java)

      at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java)

      at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java)

      at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java)

      at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java)

      at
org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$1.visitPackageMemberClassDeclaration(Un
itCompiler.java)

      at
org.codehaus.janino.Java$PackageMemberClassDeclaration.accept(Java.java)

      at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java)

      at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileUnit(UnitCompiler.java)

      at org.codehaus.janino.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java)

      at
org.drools.commons.jci.compilers.JaninoJavaCompiler.compile(JaninoJavaCo
mpiler.java:174)

      at
org.drools.commons.jci.compilers.AbstractJavaCompiler.compile(AbstractJa
vaCompiler.java:51)

      at
org.drools.rule.builder.dialect.java.JavaDialect.compileAll(JavaDialect.
java:332)

      at
org.drools.compiler.DialectRegistry.compileAll(DialectRegistry.java:60)

      at
org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilder.addPackage(PackageBuilder.java:308)

      at
org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilder.addPackageFromDrl(PackageBuilder.java
:167)

      at com.sample.DroolsTest.readRule(DroolsTest.java:63)

      at com.sample.DroolsTest.main(DroolsTest.java:24)