[rules-users] Date arithmetic in “when” session

Christine christine at christine.nl
Wed May 7 08:13:55 EDT 2008

Hi,
you shouldn't put part of the "if" or "when" part after the "then". Put
all conditions after the "when" so the rule engine will evaluate them.

I guess you mean to write something like (although I haven't tested this):

rule "ITR Discard"
   when
     	req : LowFareRequest(
             $reqTime : requestedDeparture.time)
     	itr : AirItinerary( discarded == false )
      	flight : Flight(
            departure.time - 2 * 3600000 <
                   $reqTime,
            departure.time + 4 * 3600000 >