[rules-users] Help in using drools

Hehl, Thomas Thomas.Hehl at acs-inc.com
Thu May 8 08:16:08 EDT 2008

That would be one way to accomplish this. For your situation, though, I
would use a stateless session since your servlets are stateless.

One of the things I'd like to see changed in drools is that, while it does
complicated processing and returns complex answers very well, it's difficult
to return simple answers. I would like to see methods like
fireRulesReturningBoolean kind of thing, but it would require a paradigm
shift in the rules themselves. Alas!

Anyway, I think that's how I'd handle it. I also construct wrappers around
the basic data types to receive these answers. I wish Sun would implement
the bean interface for Integer, Long, Character, String, etc. It would
certainly be simple enough for them to do, and then we could just use those
to hold the values coming back from our rules.