[rules-users] Java vs mvel dialects

Krishna Satya krishna.ksatya at gmail.com
Wed May 14 14:48:16 EDT 2008

Hi, I am trying to understand the difference in how drl rules are expressed
via the java or mvel dialects.  Looking at the drools-examples it is not
exactly clear.  I was looking at the PetStore.drl which seems to specify the
dialects for various rules using both java and mvel.  Are there any
references to examples which showcase a rule that is expressed both through
java and mvel dialects so it is clear what the differences are.  The rules
in the PetStore.drl which specify java or mvel syntactically seem to look
the same.

Also, are there any general suggestions as to when a rule author should use
the java or the mvel dialect.

Thanks.
- K