[rules-users] BRMS rule info logging

techluver techluver007 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 13:55:19 EDT 2008

Thanks David.
I would like to give more details on my requirement. Please throw your ideas
for good design using drools.

1.I'll get huge amount of data in database(60 or 70 millions) daily. I would
like to apply the rules on those records and store the data which satisfied
the rules. So my rule engine has to run daily at specific time.

2.I also have to provide the reporting GUI to business users to generate
report based on rules

3. users also need user friendly GUI to manage the rules something like
BRMS(this would be last thing user want)

4. till I develop rules manager gui, I should be able to manage the rules
from the database.

5. I don''t need to load and apply the rules dynamically. But If I
add/remove any  rule, then it should be loaded/removed during next run of
rule engine.

I'm not really sure whether to use drools' BRMS or not here. I think i need
database driven rule engine.

Please share your ideas for this requirement on what kind of design I need
here.

Thanks in advance.