[rules-users] RHS start ruleflow not executing associated rules

djouki r_lefebvr at yahoo.ca
Fri Oct 3 15:51:51 EDT 2008

env: fedora5, eclipse3.3, drools4.0.7. jdk1.5

I've created a ruleflow hierarchy where the execution of a rule associated
with one ruleflow starts a second ruleflow.

rule "Main - Entry"
ruleflow-group "checkData"
	when
        exists Root(itemReq:itemRequest)
	then
		logger.debug("Main - Entry");
		System.out.println("Main - Entry");
		drools.getWorkingMemory().startProcess("com.it.checkData");
end

At issue, the rules within the second ruleflow, though activated, are not
being executed. The audit view shows the secondary ruleflow start and stop
without the interim execution of an activated rule within it. The contained
rules are valid and should fire (tried empty when clause). Attribute-wise,
all rules are similar to the one shown above; that is, the only attribute
set is ruleflow-group, with the occasional salience.
In an effort to resolve this issue, I tried calling the ruleflow via a
subprocess node, but it gave the same result.

Any assitance would be appreicated.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p19804474/rule.log rule.log