[rules-users] Deploying Guvnor M2 in Glassfish

Richard Ambridge Richard.Ambridge at Sun.COM
Fri Oct 3 17:33:48 EDT 2008

On wednesday I logged a bug GUVNOR-19 indicating that I am unable to
deploy Guvnor M2 in Glassfish application server.

Since then, and with little sleep, I have been able to workaround the
problem.

To deploy Guvnor M2 release in glassfish, do the following.

Download jboss-seam from
http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/jboss/jboss-seam-2.1.0.CR1.tar.gz
untar it,

Download drools-guvnor.war
mkdir tmp
cd tmp
jar -xf ../drools-guvnor.war
cd WEB-INF/lib
rm org.jboss.seam-jboss-seam-2.1.0.BETA1.jar
cp from jboss-seam/lib directory into WEB-INF/lib
jboss-seam.jar
hibernate-validator.jar

jar up the drools again
jar -cf ../drools-guvnor.war *

So, in summary, you need to replace the
org.jboss.seam-jboss-seam-2.1.0.BETA1.jar in guvnor lib directory with
the jboss-seam.jar file from jboss-seam
and add the hibernate-validator.jar file

Hope that helps some people :)

Ric