[rules-users] JSR94 and compiled packages

Steve Nunez steve.nunez at illation.com.au
Tue Oct 7 18:13:57 EDT 2008

Hi Kris,

JSR-94 is not much of a standard, since it lacks any specification for
rule definition and a BOM (Business Object Model).

The best hope on the horizon for the ability to swap rule engines is
the Rule Interchange Format that the W3C is working on.

We recently completed a Blaze replacement on a very small system here
in Australia, and in the end rewrote everything. This was actually a
good thing, since it gave us an opportunity to re-engineer the
rulebase. In the end, things are running much smoother then they were
before, which is usually the case the second time around.

It sounds like you're looking for a low-cost, easy way to migrate from
Blaze to Drools; unfortunately there isn't such a path.

Regards,
     - Steve Nunez