[rules-users] RE: fact base storage?

Evans, Jess JEvans at collegeboard.org
Thu Oct 9 17:32:14 EDT 2008

Thanks for the confirmation.  I think it should be straightforward to
implement a parser as you suggest to populate a list of java beans and
assert them to the working memory.  I'm just surprised that this doesn't
already exist.

May I ask how you manage the working memory?  It looks like you can't
clone or snapshot a working memory.  So, you must either assert all the
default facts in a new working memory for every user session/request or
use a shared synchronized working memory.  I'm building a web based
wizard calculator with around 10k default immutable facts.  It's taking
almost 800ms to assert and fire to reach an initial state, so I'm
planning on sharing one synchronized session.  Is this a reasonable
approach or am I off my rocker?

Cheers,

-Jess