[rules-users] No globals in functions?

Bagwell, Allen F afbagwe at sandia.gov
Thu Oct 9 18:35:47 EDT 2008

There's probably an easy explanation for this. I was wondering about why functions inside of rule files can't access globals?

For example, I have a log4j logger that I pass into my rule files via a global.  The logger should never be a part of working memory. It's just there to capture valuable feedback.

But I can't do this:

global Logger log;

function void foo(String cond)
{
   if (cond == "error")
       log.error("I saw an error");
}

Because the compiler says that in the function it can't resolve 'log'.

-A

Allen F. Bagwell
e-mail:  afbagwe at sandia.gov
phone:  505/284-4517
fax:  505/ 844-7886

There is no monument dedicated to the memory of a committee. -- Lester J. Pourciau