[rules-users] Re: Drools indexing

Senlin Liang senlin.liang at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 16:01:44 EDT 2008

Thanks Mark!

I got another question: what kind of indexing is used in drools? what
field does it index?

I checked the online manual, it seems that I uses hashing index, but i
am not sure the details.

The reason that I am asking this question is that: drools runs really
faster for one of my program. In this program, there is information
about DBLP publications:
   a(primary key, property, values), where primary key is the primary
key of one publication, property can be one of "author, year, ...",
and value is the value of the property. I run the query by joining the
tables together using the primary key. Drools runs really fast for
this program.

I am wondering whether there is anything behind to make drools fast.
Senlin

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 3:41 PM, Mark Proctor <mproctor at codehaus.org> wrote:
> Senlin Liang wrote:
>
> One more question: does drools index intermediate results (such as the
> inserted objects in actions)?
>

> Any inserted object used in == constraints is indexed for that constraint.
>
> Is there any cost-based optimization for queries?
>

> no
>
> Thanks
>
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Senlin Liang <senlin.liang at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> Hi all,
>
> I got one question: How does drools index the objects in memory? Does
> it use hashing index, based on what? Or drools uses adaptive indexing?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Senlin

Senlin Liang